Google analytics

Sunday 10 December 2006

Saturday long bike ride

Not as long as hoped for, as bitterly cold out and was realy only taking out Plasma for a spin to get use to it. That said I did 26.8 miles in a time of 1 hour 28. Went down to Swanage via Corfe Castle, out in around 45 minutes. And back up over Studland, long climb, legs felt good, a little tired from a week of commuting, and considering it's first long ride since 10th September not in bad shape.
General fitness level is very good as recovered quickly after the climbs. Lot of traffic on the way back iinto Holton Heath, slowed me up and I didn't push as hard as I could. Average speed of 18.4 mph. Really want to be minimum of 20, but for in, around and over the Purbecks that is not a bad average time. This will increase once I am used to the bike and, of course, when I get to January for when serious training starts.
Plan fo the next 3 weeks is to get a few more long distance rides in, although it might just have to be on the indoor trainer, depending on time and other commitments.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger