Google analytics

Monday 1 January 2007

Happy New Year

Hi All, Happy New Year to all my readers!

Well, much better today, and the sun came out this morning so I had to take the Plasma out for a ride. Gentle, took me ages to get my legs, but then again, it has been nearly 10 days since I last rode. Did an hour and 36 minutes, 26.7 miles, ave speed of 16.6 mph, ave h/r 140 bpm, 168bpm max, ave cadence of 80, 119 cadence max.

Not bothered about times etc today, just nice to get legs moving again, after a bout of flu. Not too tired either, felt ok once I got first 25 minutes under my legs. Did the usual nice circuit of to Swanage via Studland and then back through Langton Matravers and Corfe Castle. Was lovely bright sunshine out and very blustery, headwind and crosswind most of the way round. Lot of cyclists out, they are a friendly lot!

A nice easy week this week and then I begin training in earnest next week. My first block of 12 weeks, split into 3 groups of four. Concentration on run, then swim technique and then a lot of climbing on bike, thru January.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!
couldn't resist it eh? How great is the need to train (rhetorical question)
Sounds as though you had a good session - hope you didnt do too much and jeopordize your recovery from your flu -I'm sure it felt fantastic to be out in the sunshine- how the weather can lift ones spirits and push you on. Happy and healthy training for 2007

Steve Birtwistle said...

Still a little tired from flu recovery, have decided not to ride to work this week and get the train instead. Also my road bike is in need of an overhaul, new chain and cassette needed, also new brake blocks needed and new cables. I fell off just before Christmas and my bike took a bit of a bruising.
Was good to get out, but I am listening vey carefully to my body at the moment and decided that rest is the name of the game this week, will do me more good and I will feel better for it.

Powered By Blogger