Google analytics

Thursday 4 January 2007

lunchtime run

Oh, how nice it is to run completely pain free. For the last few weeks now, I have been running without any injury, my knee is now fully mended and I feel strong.
Still not overdoing the running.
Ran for a steady 40 minutes, including a warm up. Good cool down and stretch, legs feeling pretty good at the moment. Will gradually up the time I run for, by 5 minutes each week over the next 8 weeks. Still running mainly on time and not too bothered about distance and speed for the time being, that will come over time. Just concentrating on building my endurance for the run. Want to be able to run for an hour and 50 minutes by end of April. Should then be ok for half marathon distance come June.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just caught up - you said on Monday that you were resting this week - is a swim, a run and a turbo ride resting? Sounds as though you've had good sessions anyway- hope you've recovered fully. The velodrome sounds interesting I'll watch for your report.

Steve Birtwistle said...

I know I said I was resting!! But they were very easy sessions to be honest. I am just doing a swim tomorrow and a long bike ride on Saturday and that's it for the week!!
Have fully recovered from flu now, just have a bit of a tickly cough.
I'm just acutely aware of it being only 8 weeks to my first race of the season, a duathlon and have to get some run miles into my legs.
Plenty of time, but I want to get 2 weeks of tapering in before hand so I can hit March nice and fresh.
Can't wait for the Velodrome on Sunday, the missus is bringing her camera along, hope she can get some good shots!

Powered By Blogger