Google analytics

Thursday 11 January 2007

Thursday lunchtime run

Well, this weather is not getting any better! Windswept would be an understement and soaked by horizontal rain!! Into the wind I could barely stand up, let alone go forwards! And with the wind behind I couldn't stop myself from going too fast! Was quite hilly as well. That said I ran for 1hr 7 minutes and 5 seconds. Was just over 13k(8 miles). Felt very strong and could have kept running at that pace and probably could have upped the pace a bit for another 30 minutes. But, I'm not overdoing it and was happy to stop when I did.
And my god, my nipples are sore! Wet Helly top and wind chafing does not help!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just caught up with your diary since New Year - what a mixed bag- despite everything that has been thrown at you including the horizontal rain you have kept going - respect!I hope the weather improves - at least the nights are drawing out all be it slowly - and you can look forward to a few easier sessions. Oh and those nipples vaseline or plasters especially in the cold and wet.

DotNetSi said...

Hats off to you for todays lunch time run, especially in that weather! Personally I think I'll save the seaside runs for the warmer weather! Good time for that distance too! :-)

Steve Birtwistle said...

Hey you guys, thanks for the comments!
Yep, I always forget the nipple cream in the wet weather!! Plasters are also good , but man they tend not to stick on me - too many hairs and sweat. Ok, I'll stop there - too much information!!

Steve Birtwistle said...

Well, I'm feeling good at the moment, so you got to keep going inspite of the weather. I am increasing the workload over the next 2 weeks, and will then ease off for a week at the end of the month, to then pick it up again into Feb, and same again.
Will be out on my bike for a long ride this weekend, hopefully the wind might stop. I don't mind the wet so much, but the wind! But I suppose on the positive side, it all adds to the training riding into the wind. Can't complain!!

Powered By Blogger