Google analytics

Wednesday 14 March 2007

Early morning run

What a glorious morning! Lovely sunshine, but very cold, with a layer of frost over the fields.
Out I went for a run, and what a good run it was. 54 minutes for 7.5 miles. I do like running early in the morning, nothing in the stomach other than a PowerBar Gel and some water and a bit of energy drink. Since I lost a bit more weight I feel much lighter on my feet, and I feel that I can go a lot faster. But that will come when I start putting the work in. This season is all about distance, endurance and strength training. Performance and pace work will come next year, as I prepare for going long and take on full Ironman distance.
Will be swimming later today and having a rest off the bike today.

Training so far is going very well, feeling strong, and looking at the times for last week's duathlon in the New Forest I was up with the pace. 10k - 40k - 5k, winning time 2 hours and 2 minutes. I'd be around 2 hours 10-15. The duathlon on 25th March is 10k - 30k - 5k. Looking at 45mins for 10k run, 50 mins at worst for 30k bike, and 25mins for 5k run. Those are lowest comfortable times. If I push hard I can go better. 2 hours total. Anything under would be a bonus. I am using this race as a guide to my fitness levels and to see where I'm at after the last 4 months of winter training.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great - how awake are you before you run- has your body got going? Careful time watching - just go and enjoy your first race of the season it seems as though you are ready for it.

Steve Birtwistle said...

That's the main reason, to enjoy it! I am really looking forward to racing, and am very excited about my first full season in triathlon, after dipping my toe in the water last year.
Time is not really a concern on the 25th. Merely a guide. I'll be interested to see how I feel after racing, and that will be the best judge, how my recovery goes.

Powered By Blogger