Google analytics

Sunday 15 April 2007

Sunday brick in the sun

Another good brick session today, and what lovely weather. Chance to try out my new tri-suit, and great, feels good to ride in, good to run in, a little warm I think for in the full-on summer, but very comfortable nonetheless, and will be ideal for early morning swim starts with these pool-based sprint tris I'm doing.
Stats first.
Ride:
Distance 18.6 miles
Time 52 mins 11 secs.
Ave Speed 21.4 mph (34.4 kph)
max speed 32.9 mph (52.9 kph)
ave cadence 88
max cadence 105
No heart rate measured.

Legs tired to start with, as this was done straight into it, using first part as a warm up. After 30 minutes I started pedalling smoothly and speed went up, legs felt good and I took off. First 10 miles in just on 30 minutes, crosswind and generally uphill. last 8.6 miles in 22 minutes. Next week's Tidworth Triathlon is a similar distance bike and I'm hoping to go quicker then, as I know I have a lot more in the tank to push harder and I will have fresh legs, as this week I will taper gently, ready to go hard on Sunday 22nd.

I came off the bike and changed to run shoes and set off on a short 3 mile run. The bricks are just for me to get used to running off the bike. I'm not concerned with doing mega long runs after coming off the bike, I'll save my legs for the longer training runs to come. 21 minutes for just under 3 miles, so my pace is increasing. The warm weather is definitely helping as my whole body feels more fluid and flexible.

Bring on June 17th!!!!

Note to self - book accommodation for Half Ironman UK.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a hard weekend - while the sun has a feel good factor it also takes more liquid and energy from your body. Listen to your body this week and dont overtire yourseld for Tidworth - have a good week.

Steve Birtwistle said...

Thank you. Yes, my body is actually in good shape after this weekend's exertions. The last 3 days have been hard training, so I'm resting tomorrow and easy swim and gentle run Tuesday. Easy bike on Wednesday. Rest Thursday, easy run Friday, gentle turn my legs over on the bike on Saturday, race hard on Sunday. Very easy week this week, just keeping my body and mind fresh.

Powered By Blogger