Google analytics

Sunday 8 April 2007

Sunday Long bike

Oh how good to get back on the bike for a long ride. And today I conquered my darkest fear. I went back to the scene of my accident and came down the hill where I fell( albeit very slowly) but I'll get a better feel for it the more I ride it, and it felt good!
I can tell the weather is better. I went at a good pace today, but not too hard, and didn't feel as tired , felt stronger on the climbs. Still a cold wind, but the sun was lovely and warm when sheltered.
did 55.2 miles in 2 hours and 50 minutes. Don't know exact average speed as bike computer went a bit screwy, will have to look at that, I think it wasn't mounted quite securely enough. Got the route and distance by using www.mapmyrun.com
Around 31.4 kph(19.5 mph) average for the whole ride, was good and I didn't push too hard. Average hr 143bpm, max 166. Not sure if lower heart rate is down to improved aerobic fitness levels, or just a bit tired. It certainly took me a good hour and a half to get into the ride, my legs felt a little weary up to that point, but then found a new lease of life and I was ok. Recovery was good.
Route - Holton Heath - Sandford - Wareham - Studland - Swanage - Langton Matravers - Kingston - Corfe Castle - Steeple - Lulworth Castle - Coombe Keynes - Wool - Warmwell - Crossways - East Dorset Golf club(via Bovington) - Wareham - Sandford - Holton Heath.
That's a regular ride that I do, roughly Half Ironman distance, mix of long and short climbs and undulating in places, few flat sections. Does flatten out for last 10 miles, can pick up a bit of speed.
Nutrition -
750ml SIS Electrolyte, 750ml Torq Energy and Electrolyte drink. 500ml water. 2 Power Bar gel sachets. 1 banana, 1 nutrigrain bar. Spot on for today's ride, had energy all the way to the end, even if legs tiring a little. 750ml SIS Recovery drink post ride.
More of the same next weekend, and a mid-week ride with Zoom tri club.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger