Google analytics

Sunday 20 May 2007

Even healthy people get ill !

Well, I've had sniffles and a bit of a dragging on cold and catarrh for the pasted 10 days, and it is only just showing signs of going now! In fact this morning it was worse than ever, but as Sunday passes me by it's eased off and I feel loads better, just a little tired.
]I have had the last 3 days off, and I decided to go out running today, trying out my two new pairs of shoes. 1 is a pair of Asics GT 220s, or something like that, for all round training and long distance, and the 2nd pair is a pair of Brooks ST-Racers. Can't miss them, bright yellow!! Took them out today for 2 miles in each pair, a nice little loop near where I live. And it is nice to run in new shoes! 13 minutes 46 for the first 2 miles and then I switched to the Brooks - 14 minutes 15 for the second 2 miles. Finished with plenty to spare. Feeling good about my running at the moment, and improving all the time. Goal is to break 20 minutes for 5km by October and run under 42 minutes for 10km. Next year I want to go sub 40 minutes for 10k. I know I have to do that to be competitive at age-group level with the triathlon racing, but I know I can do it with some good training over the winter.
I now have less than 4 weeks to Half Ironman UK!!! 2 weeks of hard training left and then 2 weeks of tapering. I will be hammering it on the bike for the next 2 weeks, and getting at least 4 brick sessions in there, with some easier ones when I taper. I am riding the bike course next weekend, so I'll be able to get a feel for how to ride it come race day. Itching to get going on it now! 40 minute pool sessions from now on, all about going the distance on the swim, working hard on the bike and steady as she goes on the run. Bring it on!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger