Google analytics

Tuesday 22 May 2007

Tuesday morning bike ride

Well, las night I got on the turbo and after less than 10 minutes I got off! I just felt too tired. I have had 3 nights of rubbish sleep, my little boy has not been so well and waking up in the night, and I have still not shaken this cold off.
So Iafter a reasonable night I left home early and did a 1.5 hour ride to work, in lovely sunshine. And a good ride it was. But it does take me a good 40 minutes for my legs to get working hard. My recovery over the climbs is excellent at the moment as well. The short steep stff I'm powering my way over and then accelerating away over the top. This is very positive and bodes well for the bike course at Half Ironman. The climb from Swanage over to Studland is a nice long one which rises steeply towards the end, and I rode this steadily, well within myself and had lots left to push it up a couople of gears towards the end and power over the top.
This was a good ride and has got me back into riding as the last 2 weeks I've been a bit negative about my cycling ability and worrying that my fitness level is not whaty it should be. But I think once this cold has finally gone (and I left most of it on the road from Wareham to Swanage!!) I'll be a lot stronger and will have no trouble riding hard for 3 hours.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger