Google analytics

Tuesday 8 May 2007

Tuesday training

Lunchtime swim. 45 minutes pooltime. 25 minutes swim, followed by 20 minutes of work with kickboard, paddles and pullbuoy. I'm not all that positive about my swimming at the moment, and I really do need to improve my technique with some one to one coaching. However, at the moment, I'm not going to worry about it too much, and I will just focus on getting myself through the swim for Half Ironman without wasting too much energy and trying to stay as near to 35 minutes as possible. From now I will just concentrate on swimming for 40 minutes, still try and smooth out the rough edges of where I know I can improve. I'm never going to be fast through the water but my goal for this year is to just go the distances. My goal for next season is to shave a minute off my 400m time and to get near to 28 minutes for 1500m. This will involve coached sessions and lessons over the winter and beyond.

Note to self: Don't worry about the swimming, it will come good in time.

Evening run, 36 mins 51 secs for 4.9 miles. My running is definitely improving, and my times are slowly coming down. I have increased my speed over the last few months, and can now run faster with less effort than before. I find 7 and a half minute mile pace is quite comfortable now, and today I finished my run with energy left, feeling I could go further, which is exactly as it should be.
I'm aiming for under 7 minute mile pace by the end of the year over the shorter distance races. For now, 8 minute mile pace over half marathon distance will be sufficient to reach my goal time for Ironman UK 70.3.
So two good sessions today, which have kicked off the next 4 full-on weeks of training. Bring it on!!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger