Google analytics

Friday 1 June 2007

Friday lunchtime run and bike to work

Good day again today. Really has warmed up today and the temperature up in the mid 20s at lunchtime, and the wind dropped on my run route. So I decided to just do the 5km route which is one lap of Sunday's 10k race. I didn't push hard and kept at a reasonable pace. Finished, stopwatch at 21 minutes 29 secs. Best tiem this year for 5k. In fact I think that's pretty much my best time for 5k. I'm on target for under 20 minutes by the end of the year, in a race. I know I can go harder than that, and I would have pushed more in a race. All of a sudden, new shoes, better weather, feeling better and I'm running faster. All good news.
Also on another positive note, forgot to mention that I rode home last night with UK mountain biking legend Mark Chadbourne!! He was out on his road bike for a spin before this weekend Nationals up in South Wales. Had a good chat with him and he's got me to come along to do some road racing on a Thursday night. I'll have a look next week, and meet some of the riders and then once Ironman out of the way, I'll give it a go! Spoke to him today (he actually works across the hall in my offices) and he's fired up to get back his National Champion jersey after last year's campaign was hampered by injury. He won it 2004 and 2005. Have a look on the world wide web for more info, stick his name in Google for all the info on this top biker!
Always great to meet and speak with top guys(and gals) who have huge amounts of experience in the sport you are doing.
15 days to Half Ironman UK and counting!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger