Google analytics

Sunday 24 June 2007

Saturday long bike ride

Felt good to go out and ride today, and what a mixed bag of a ride it was. Got caught in a torrential downpour, in which I had to stop as it was hurting my eyes! I stopped twice to retrieve a dropped bottle, and had two punctures, the second of which I rode home on as the hole in the inner tube was trapped between rim and tyre, which miraculously I rode 40km home on.
Sun came out with a strong wind later on but still managed 91km in 3 hours and 5 minutes. Similar amount of climbing compared to Half Ironman, and yet I rode so much better, not feeling anywhere near as good as I did last week. Oh well, c'est la vie.
Stats:
Distance - 91.12km
Time - 3 hrs 3 mins 8 secs
Ave speed - 29.9 kph
max speed - 57.3 kph
ave h/r - 141 bpm
max h/r - 173 bpm
Ave cadence - 75 rpm
Total climbing - 884m
Calories - 4173

Nutrition - 2 x 750ml SIS Go Electroyte
2 x Go Gel
1 power bar Ride
1 nutrigrain bar
1 brunch bar

Was not enough liquid. Short by one bottle, as it fell off and a van drove over it!
Strong on the climbs but lost focus in the middle of ride and did not go as hard as I should have really. Could have gone harder on the long climb out of Weymouth. On the whole a positive ride and good to get the miles in my legs. Rest day Sunday, swimming Monday. Will run Tuesday, and bike long on Wednesday.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger