Google analytics

Wednesday 4 July 2007

There is no better stress relief than riding......a bike!

Wednesday evening, got home from work, wanted to ride, but did not feel like going out at all. But I dragged my carcass out and did 25 miles at just under race effort in 1 hour and 7 minutes, including a stop behind a van at a junction and a warm up for the first 2 miles. Extremely blustery conditions, fighting to control bike on some sections.
Followed most of one of the CTT Time Trial routes in the area. Seems like a fairly quick course. Bovington - Wool - Wareham - Nordon and retrace to finish not far off where it starts. I slightly chnaged it so that I rode back home, and fortunately it was exact same distance. Well, actually 24.9 miles on the clock. Rode well within myself but feeling very strong aerobically. Will work at leg strength and pedaling a higher gear early next year, to improve speed. That said I feel I am capable of going well under the hour for a '25'. I am actually doing a TT next weekend , 15th on a very flat course. I hope the wind drops. It's the first one I've done but feeling confident I can do a good time as TTs are all about maximum effort 100% of the time, going hard and finishing completely spent. But judging effort right so as not to blow early on.
Stats:
Distance 24.9 miles
Time 1 hr 7 mins
Ave speed - 22.3 mph
Max speed 34.8 mph
Ave cadence - 89 rpm
max cadence - 114 rpm
(very pleased with high cadence)

No nutrition - only caffeinated power gel with water before ride.

2 comments:

DotNetSi said...

Steve, Best of luck with Sundays Bournemouth Tri, hope it goes well - Remember its an event, not training so GIVE IT SOME! :o)

Steve Birtwistle said...

Si

Cheers, and good luck on your run.
Yep, You're right, it will be balls out on this one! If I'm not falling over in a heap when I cross the line this time, I've not gone hard enough! !!

Powered By Blogger