Google analytics

Thursday 9 August 2007

Thursday a good training day

Right back on it today. Good hour swim session this morning. Had a chat with Harry Wiltshire, last year's world student triathlon champion, who was very impressed with James Gilfillan's result at Half Ironman UK. Watched him swim. Very quick through the water. Wouldn't class him as an elegant swimmer, but what the heck, it's damn effective!! Got some tips from one of the swim coaches down at Wareham, who very kindly said he would look at my stroke next week. Also had an interesting view on head position which I'm going to try tomorrow morning.
The last 3 weeks has seen a big improvement in my swim fitness and I feel stronger in the water. I'll be keen to see how I get on with my swim time this Sunday at Swanage. 1500m sea swim.
Cycled easily into work in the lovely morning sun, 12km, the shortest possible route. Legs feeling fresh.
Lunchtime I set off down to Sandbanks for an easy paced run. 13.3km in 1 hour 11 mins.
Was very warm in the midday sun, and not much of a breeze to keep me cool, but felt good to run, just focussing on smooth strides and not trying to go too fast. Was about 9 minute mile pace, felt good to do a reasonably long slow run. With the running I'm really now focussing on next season and just building a good strong base, so that I can improve on speed for the shorter tris, and go strong over Half Ironman distance.
Cycled home from work at a nice easy pace and thus completed a good day's training.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger