Google analytics

Friday 23 November 2007

November 07 update

This month has been a good one. Lots of rest and recovery and some good running.
After 10k pb, I had an easy week and took the family to Lanzarote for a week in the sun. Lovely weather, just the job to rest tired limbs. That said, I di a fair bit of running there, as my muscles and joints were nice and loose in the warm air. Lovely running by the sea in the late afternoon. Did 5 runs, from 40 minutes up to an hour. Also did a lot of swimming, all working on stroke and turns. Easy to do as the pools at the hotel were empty as noone would go in. They were not heated!!
Returned to UK on 15th. Ran on the 16th, 8 miles. Felt good. And ran on the Sunday, about 6 miles, very slow and didn't feel great, legs a bit stiff, very cold wind in Bedford. Back to riding to work this week. Nice and easy does it, some good swim sessions, all stroke work still, stroke count coming down. Got it down to 22 in a 33m pool. Very pleased with that. Ran 50 minutes Wed 21st, ran 30 minutes today, but stopped as bitterly cold and hungry!! Downton half marathon on Sunday so prepping for that.
Bike speed slow at the moment buts that's ok, just working on techniques and building endurance. Starting training on rollers, and will add turbo workouts in December.
Running is much improved now, feel I have the strength to go under 40 minutes for 10k at the start of next season and definitely the ability to go under 20 mins for 5k. I can now tumble turn, and am not far off being able to do it at the end of every length I do, but will take some time to develop the strength and fitness to turn every length and swim at race tempo. That will come for the start of next season. 6:30 is my goal time for 400m pool swim. Under 28 for 1500m. Looking good for that at the moment, I' m on track. I reckon I can go sub 2' 10" for an Olympic distance, that's a 20 minute improvement over this year. But I've got 6 months training before I attempt that distance again, so confident of doing well and hitting my goals!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger