Google analytics

Tuesday 9 September 2008

Injury

Bugger!

Gone and overdone it when recovering from a knee injury. Nothing serious but will take a while to heal and for me to get back to full training.
No cycling or running for a week while I address the pain and then 2 weeks of gentle recovery, mostly swimming, light rollers, treadmill walk/jog and strength conditioning in the gym. Hopefully can get back to full training by beginning of October which will give me just under 6 weeks to go before Clearwater on 8th November, which hopefully will be enough to get me through with a decent performance, although I'm almost resigned to the fact that I might be going there not at my best.
Oh well, trying to stay positive, and at least use this time to look at some long term goals, work at swim technique and start including strength and flexibility into my training.
Just means I will be pulling out of Littledown triathlon on Sunday and might not compete at the New Forest middle distance tri the week after. I'm disappointed about the New Forest one as at the start of the season I was targeting this as an 'A' race, and was very confident of a sub 5 hour finish, and certainly finishing in the top 20.
Next year!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger