Google analytics

Thursday 2 October 2008

Ironman 70.3 World Championships 2008, Clearwater, Florida, USA

Update of training:

Well, there isn't any!!!!
I have had a viral infection this week, just to add to the knee!
It was a stomach virus and has really wiped me out. I've been off work all week, and it has not been pleasant.
The upside is that I have been forced to rest, and the knee is mending really well. I'm hoping to be back on my bike next Tuesday. That's my next target date, which then gives me 5 weeks til race day. That will then be 2 weeks of light ease myself back into training and then just trying to get some miles in my bike legs, and at least 2 long runs, so that come race day I'll at least get round the course.
This year is all about experience, it will have to be. My goals prior to getting injured were 30 minutes for the swim, which is still possible, 2 hours 10 on the bike, which I could still do but it would not leave me with anything for the run. And my goal run time was 1hr 30. 4 hours 10 in total. But I'll be some way off that pace. If I can get anywhere near 4hr 30 then I'll be pleased.
It's now more of a 2 week holiday in the sun! So not so bad really! And looking forward to justbeing part of such a big event and among so many fantastic pro athletes and top age groupers from all over the world! Awesome!!
I'm focussing already on gettin gstronger and staying injury free over the winter to get a good base in for next season, while I try and find some new races/goals.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger