Google analytics

Saturday 27 December 2008

Ribble Valley 10k

Merry Christmas everyone!
It's been a good week, slightly easier on the training as I haven't had to commute, nor have I had much access to a swimming pool. Full of turkey and mince pies and full of festive cheer, although still a lack of sleep!!
But I'm off to run in Clitheroe tomorrow, and at the moment as I write, I'm not up for it at all. In fact I really don't want to run hard at all. But I'm sure that will change. I'm looking at sub 37 minutes for this one. If I can run at somewhere around 6:10 min/mile pace then I'll be happy. That will be a pb by a long way. I've had 4 weeks of consistent run training, albeit slowly getting myself back into some condition, and a long way of my best, but the swimming will help with the aerobic stuff, just hope my legs can hold out for an intense effort.
As for race tactics, I'll start off steady and try to negative split it. if I can go through 5k in under 19, then I'm in with a good chance of making 37. But as long as I just put in 100% then I'll be happy to get round and a good time will be a bonus.
Running is not my strongest discipline, but I know my weaknesses and I am now addressing them with the help of my coach and it will be nice to put a marker down for future progress. Results and pics to follow!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger