Google analytics

Sunday 10 May 2009

Dorchester Triathlon results 2009

http://www.conceptsport.co.uk/resources/uploaded/Dorchester%20Web%202%20Results%2009.htm

provisional results, no splits yet.

Report
Glorious weather today for May, real Spring day. Was nippy thismorning riding over and there was quite a lot of early morning mist. But nice to stretch the legs for 25 miles beforehand. Usual check in and found myself nice and relaxed.
And to the race. I was in a good swim wave and was alongside James Brown who was 3rd at Ballbuster duathlon. I tagged along in the swim on his feet and we both exited and into transition together. I managed to get held up whilst running to mount my bike and he got away but a mile down the road and I ent passed and concentrated hard on building a lead, as I knew James is a very strong runner. However, a couple of roundabouts later and my lead had been cut and we came back into T2 alongside again, and that was it! He was off, and I was left to foolow. But I didn't disgrace myself and gritted my teeth and ran better than I have before and finished in a very repsectable 1:06:11, 400m swim, 15 mile bike, 4 mile run. James Brown was 2nd in 1:03:12. Just my run speed really, but that will come over time as I learn to suffer a bit more and get my legs moving quicker! So 5th overall and age group win, and a very enjoyable day! I am now actually 'racing' and it feels good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

The hard work is really paying off.

Nikki xx

Powered By Blogger