Google analytics

Friday 1 May 2009

May First

Well, 4 months gone of 2009 and I'm sat here with tired legs and weary body wondering just where it has gone. But equally pleased that I have managed to get to this point of the year injury free, just one bout of sinusitis that interrupted what has been a tough training schedule. But it's all about consistency, and that's where I've made big improvements.
4 hours swimming a week, 200-250 miles on the bike a week and between 30 and 40 miles running, all at various intensities and varying sessions to keep it interesting and to help keep me motivated. Not raced much, just Ballbuster duathlon and Winchester tri, which have both been training races, and it's all been very positive. I've suffered both mentally and physically and it's not always been happy, happy, happy!! Some sessions I have hated, some I've not wanted to do and yet I've stuck it out. Hopefully this will pay off in the long run. Some big races to come this year, UK 70.3 in 6 weeks, Antwerp 70.3 in August and possibly Clearwater, Worlds 70.3 in November. Hopefully I can stay fit and healthy and with more of the same then the rest of 2009 should be good, and will lay a solid foundation for longer racing in 2010.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger