Google analytics

Thursday 8 October 2009

Latest News

Hello everybody.
Been watching loads of Family Guy, making some music now I've got my studio back up and running, re-learning how to use all my kit( synths, fx units and sequencers). Been good fun to get into something else for a change. As much as I love triathlon it is not the be all and end all of life, although it does feel like that at times!
So, I started back to training this week, easing my body back into the routine. A couple of easy runs, easy swims and couple of sessions on the bike, experimenting with a better aero position on the bike. I'm not making the most of my bike power and my position is very high with a lot of resistance in the frontal area. I shouldn't be so damned big! And I'm talking about chest and shoulders.
WIll take out race bike at some point over the next few days and see what it's like riding in a lower position. I don't want to sacrifice comfort and power for more aero, as that means no gains. But if I can present less air resistance and maintain power then happy days!
Have pulled out of Slent Half marathon on Sunday. Not really in any sort of race shape and to be honest I can get a good training session in on my doorstep and don't need to drive to Southampton to plod round 13 miles at the risk of pushing myself too hard and gettin ginjured. Long road ahead preparing myself for Challenge Roth next July, so easy goes for the next couple of weeks. I have Sandy Balls duathlon to look forward to on 25th October. Will just use that as I good workout and go have some fun!!! http://www.racenewforest.co.uk for more info on that one.

4 comments:

Lawrence Down said...

Hi Steve, hope you are well. Looks like i will see you at the AECC dash back, are you doing the 5k series on friday night?

Lawrence Down said...

Its was from following your antics on here that inspired me to put my goals out there in the public to help motivate me to acheiving them.

You have had a fantastic year and made massive improvements, I am hoping to catch you up next year lol ;-)

See you on friday!

Steve Birtwistle said...

Cheers Lawrence!
You've done really well in Antwerp and New Forest, considering you've not had a heavy training year. And you're biking is coming good. Won't take you long to get back into it, solid winter building strength and getting lean will see you in great shape for next season.
Spring Ballbuster?

Lawrence Down said...

Yeah been pleased with this year, its been good. Got to use it as a springboard, similar to yourself. I am def going back to Antwerp next year, cant get beated buy you and Freddie again lol. Nope, no Spring BB, going to have lots of uni work to concentrate on, big race for March is Bmth Half marathon, see what I can acheive there. Have entered Bala middle distance in June already, I think thats the distance to have more fun at.

Powered By Blogger