Google analytics

Sunday 31 January 2010

Back on it

Despite a couple of rubbish nights' sleep, I am back to form with a very solid bike session yesterday. 3 hours of tempo riding with an inform James Gilfillan. Now he fooled me into a false sense of security earlier in the week saying that he was feeling a bit below par and was wanting to take it easy. Ha, I made the mistake of not judging pace and effort right at the start of the ride into a headwind, and James took that as the trigger to push the pace! Ouch, and then the hills came and it was all I could do just to hang onto his wheel, and even then I was dropped and worked my legs off just to get back on board. But I needed this to just wake the body up, give my system a jolt and to remind me that more of this kind of riding is needed. What is on the whole pleasing is that Roth is a fast and flat course and if I am riding at this level in January when it's freezing and windy then by the time I get to July I should be in great shape.
Legs have recovered well today and I was out in the cold weather for an easy hour run, steady 8.5 miles, felt a little tired at the end. This cold weather is making me very hungry! Trying to watch what I eat, cutting out a lot of the sugary things, more wholewheat stuff and generally not stuffing my fac in an evening!
Back to a normal training week, and looking to push on now the days are getting longer.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger