Google analytics

Sunday 14 February 2010

Sunday legs

Well, I was very tired after yesterday's efforts, but the legs are in pretty good shape.
Had a solid ride, was great to meet Dave Woodgate at last, seen him at many races and just never had the chance to meet and greet. He is an excellent athlete, finished top 10 at Ironman UK 70.3 last year and was 17th at Ironman UK. He also won Winchester triathlon last season as well, and has been a podium finisher at most races he has done over the years in the South of England. So I was in good company with him and James Gilfillan, and having met them at Ringwood after 34 miles in the legs, we set off and soon the tempo was up, nothing manic but strong. And I had to just sit in and try and hold on up the hills! Flat and into the wind, not too bad, but they are both small and light and powerful riders, any hills and I was fighting to hold a wheel. But I stuck it out, and even managed to get to the front after 80 miles in my legs! After 3 hours with them and with me rapidly losing ground on any small incline, we went our separate ways and I headed home for a nice hot bath. The weather was dry, but a very cold northerly wind tried its best to dent our progress!
So 105 miles altogether, ridden in 5 hrs 45. Nothing spectaular, but very steady for this time of year. Feeling good this morning, and after a bike clean and a walk with the boys, I'll be out for a nice 2 hour run round Wareham Forest.
James and Dave if you are reading this, many thanks. Look forward to riding out again. Hopefully will be a bit warmer, and watch out if there are no hills!!! ;-)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger