Google analytics

Friday 21 May 2010

Race time

Swashbuckler Triathlon 2010.
The sun is going to shine, and I am in good shape. Really looking forward to the 1.2 mile swim, 49 mile bike and 14 mile run. No let up in the pace til the finish line. This is my first test of the season and my goal is to just keep pushing as hard as possible to the end. No let up unless I completely blow!!
I feel reasonably rested, have done a couple of run sessions this week, an evening 10 TT which was ok, no amazing times, just a steady 22' 19", bit disappointing, but that's not my focus and just glad to be at least riding fairly consistent. If I can get into a good rythmn on the bike on Sunday it will set me up for a solid run. Objective for the race within a race is to do myself justice and run like I know I can off the bike. I can do it in training, so it has now got to happen in a race. No excuses!!!
So race report to follow on Sunday, and let's hope it's a positive result. James Gilfillan is racing, I'm never going to get close but I'll be up there in the mix with the guys coming in just behind him. Happy Days and Good Times!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger