Google analytics

Saturday 13 November 2010

Time Out

Training, health and fitness and sport all the time can get a bit much, and even I need a little break from all that stuff. Mentally as well as physically.
Thank the lord for music! I have just rewired my music studio and am now sitting down at the piano, just generally messing around, and also doing some structured learning of tunes. And I have forgtten how much fun it is! Having been a professional musician in my former life it is nice to be able to sit down and do something purely for fun! I essentailly quit music because I had lost any feeling for it and it was no fun. How great to sit down and 'knock out' a tune. I have even begun to have a go at songwriting.
I say the same to all the people I train, taking up exercise is great and valid, but you have to enjoy it or it won't work for you. That said, of course there are times when going out to run in the cold or riding in the wet and windy weather is no fun, but the feelings of achievement always outway the nagging doubts in my mind as to whether there is any point to this!
I'm off to hunt for some logs as me and Charlie are taking circuits again this morning in Wareham Forest; and we have yet again been blessed with sunshine. Someone up there likes me!!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger