Google analytics

Monday 3 January 2011

Happy New Year

All the best to everyone for a fit and healthy 2011.

I'm off to a good start having eventually managed to get out and about on the old velo.
Bit lethargic in the old leg department and just feel a little sluggish but underneath I can feel there's some power there. The strength and conditioning I have been doing over the winter seems to be paying off. I was back in the pool today for a 3k swimset, mainly 10 x 200m with easy swimming either side, and regular riding to and from work when I can. Feeling better already. I might be resting a bit from long distance racing this year as I haven't got a large amount of time to dedicate to the cause. Not 4 or 5 hour bike rides followed by 2 hour runs. It's ot the training itself, it's the lack of rest andrecovery time that I can't get and those kind of sessions really take it out of me.
So looking at races for this season and nothing is getting my juices flowing, so it might be a while before I decide what I will do. Challenge Roth is still in the diary but I'm not sure that I will race. I would love to immerse myself in trainig for 6 months and smash out a 9 hour finish but I have to be realistic and accept my limitations. Just want to get out and enjoy racing and training, and in particular get into my time trialing a bit more this year, spend a bit more time representing Poole Wheelers!
Will still updatre the blog as I go along, and will continue to add other stories and articles of interest along the way.
All the best to swimmers, bikers and runners of all ages and here's to a prosperous 2011!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger