Google analytics

Friday 14 January 2011

Injury

Well it had to happen. I've had niggles and minor inujuries that have hampered training and I bust up my face back in 2007 after which I needed minor surgery to pin my jaw. But now I have had my first 'proper' injury that will take some real time to heal and I won't be running for a few weeks.
I was taking a FOrest Fit session in Wareham FOrest, went really well and right at the end, the very last bit of running, on a piece of flat ground I went over on my ankle very heavily, and heard a loud 'crack'! Ouch, it hurt and down I went. First thought was 'is the bone sticking through?'. Thankfully not! But everyone came to my aid and I was fireman carried to the car by Charlie and then kindly taken home by one of our athletes.
A trip to A&E was made and I wasn't there that long, and 2 hours later I was home with crutches and strapping and pain killers and a physio referral letter. I have a grade 2 sprained ankle which has damaged the ligaments. Thankfully no break. But I know something about soft tissue injuries and this one will take at least 4-6 weeks before I can get back to any kind of running. The fact that I am fit and strong will help, and I don't smoke or drink, so the healing process will be quicker than normal. But it is such a nusiance and I have had to cancel training sessions with some of my clients. But everyone has been very supportive and I've had some nice messages from people.
Now sat with leg up and ice on the sofa trying to remember where I put the Lord of the Rings DVDs!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger