Google analytics

Saturday 19 March 2011

Weekend

Great day of training today. 2 Forest Fit circuit sessions, putting the guys and gals through their paces and getting involved with the log fest! Still not running freely and taking it easy, but conscious of my ankle and not doing any more damage. Very much on the mend, so still massage and stretch and trying to wokr the scar tissue out.
This afternoon I rode out hard for 12 miles to Weymouth CC 10 mile time trial, on a tricky day, very bright and sunny but windy and cold. I couldn't get my shoes in my pedals for the first 500m, and was faffing around. There was noone to hold up the riders at the start, so start with a foot down. So not the best of starts and cost me 20 seconds or so. But had a solid ride, again not feeling great but not feeling bad either. A 23' 42" in the end, so not so bad. 4th place behind 3 strong riders, http://ccweymouth.co.uk/results.html
Looking good for when I start to up the training and my ankle gets stronger so I can drive through properly at the top of the pedal stroke. I then rode home on very tired legs and am now very very tired, but well fed and watered, and ready for lots of sleep!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger