Google analytics

Saturday 23 April 2011

Latest News

Back into some sort ot training pattern, although very unstructured. But feeling in decent shape.
I rode Poole Wheelers's evening 10 on Wednesday, a lovely warm evening and I went reasonably well. I had a bikefit earlier int he day which didn't go so well as I found out the bike is too small for me and I am not able to generate enough power in the position I am in, too low and not engaging the glute muscles enough. The unfortnate problem is that on the Plasma I can't get the seat any higher as the seat post is one of those cut off jobs and there is no more room for the bracket to push up. So I'm stuck. New bike is going to have to happen soon.
Back to the Club 10 and I rode a 22' 05", course best for me, but I was left just feeling a little jaded as I could feel I wasn't riding comfotable and was moving around loads on the saddle trying to get into the right position. There's more speed in my legs, now need to get the right machine to help get it out of me! I ended up 4th behind Gary Dighton, Leighton Girling and Terry Icke, 6 seconds separating those 3 and I was a further 30 seconds back. Hopefully when I get my position and bike sorted out I can make inroads into that 30 seconds.
Forest Fit this mornign in Wareham Forest, then some gardening, long bike tomorrrow and then 30 mile time trial on Monday morning, I should be able to go well and hold form over the longer distance, regardless of bike. And what about this weather!!! Loverleeeeeeeee!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger