Google analytics

Tuesday 21 June 2011

Another good day on the bike

Sunday, Open 10, and I was fearful of a washout as the weather leading up to the race was rubbish!
However, the sun came out, but the wind stayed. 66 riders up for this one, a few stayed away due to the predicted weather forecast. They missed a good morning.
It was slow out on course, the head/crosswind not letting anyone take advantage of the first mile, which is affectionately known locally as the 'ski slope'!
Riding this one was tough, and I never really got into my riding, wasn't smooth, I was fighting all the way and a bit wobbly in places! Hit the turnaround and had a little look a the clock which I normally never bother with and thought to myself, 'god I'm slow'! Then on the way back a little bit quicker with a following wind. 500m to go and a charge for the line ended up with my chain sticking and me backing off a bit to fiddle with it, cost me a few seconds. And in the end every second counts! Yet again I finished one second down on Gary Dighton, and missed out getting in the prizes for the first 5.
21' 33" on the day, not much separating the top 10, well, apart from Chris Ball who won in 20' 14" and was 45 seconds up on 2nd place.
Feeling very positive about my riding, we picked up the team prize with Gary and Terry Icke, and I was second Veteran, so picked up a nice little cash bonus! A good day had by all!
Results

No comments:

Powered By Blogger