Google analytics

Saturday 2 July 2011

2 seconds for second

I went to Wednesday's 10 with the bit between my teeth and just wanted to ride hard and see what I had in the tank. I rode a good 50 minutes to warm up and was fully prepared to go hard. Got into my riding early on and was feeling pretty strong. In fact, I was up on Terry Icke just before halfway( he went off 2 minutes before me) and I was confident of really doing a good time. Then the driving gods got the better of me. Slower rider ahead and 3 cars pulled infront of me and behind said rider and would not pass him. With nowhere to go I was forced to slow down and wait for them to go passed which didn't happen, so being aware of losing time I sneaked inside of the first one and then managed to get passed the front 2, but it was slow and I then had to work very hard to get back up to speed. 300m later and the same 3 cars passed me again and then came up on another slower rider and did exactly the same thing! This time I could not pass and waited for what seemd an age for them to finally overtake and I could get through. So valuable time lost, and energy wasted getting up out of the saddle to sprint back up to speed.
I came back pretty strong and put in a long sprint to the line, but I knew I was well down on time.
Very pleased with how I rode, and without any hold ups I would have been substantially quicker, but thems the breaks and could have happened to anyone, so onto the next one. 23' 04" on what was not a particularly quick night. 25 next Wednesday evening as a preparation for the Open 25 on 10th July. Time to start putting in some proper training.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger