Google analytics

Thursday 5 January 2012

Happy New Year

Hello everyone and welcome to 2012.

I've been a bit quiet on here of late. Busy sorting out my gym and personal training work. All going well, nice and steady. Forest Fit also continues to thrive!
I have started the New Year determined to get back into my own training with a bit more vigour. 2011 was a a bit of a rest year for me. I have realised that I need to ride my bike everyday, that's what gets me riding faster. So there's goal number one. Even if I can only fit in 30 minutes on the rollers, I am not going to miss a day.
Goal number 2, more structured run sessions, train shorter and smarter. Apart from one long run of minimum 90 minutes a week.
Goal number 3, 3 swim sessions a week. Again, shorter sessions until I need to work on swim endurance for longer racing.
Goal number 4, get my neck and shoulder right. My first rib is protruding and needs some manipulation to put it back. Chiropractor for me tomorrow and am having some physio on the muscle tissues surrounding the area. Once sorted I can then work at
Goal number 5, develop upper body strength, arms especially. I have realised that for improved performance racing I need to be strong everywhere, not just in the legs.
So there we are, 5 goals for this year. I have some races in mind, and have booked Antwerp 70.3 in July as a target race for starters. More news and regular updates to follow. Very excited about 2012, Olympic year, and it's going to be a good one!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger